Monday, April 5, 2010

Concern-icus

In keeping with the theme of Mondays, I have here my current concerns.

  1. I'm thinking of re-entering the world that I left. As in, thinking of finding a new food industry job. I needed to see what it was like to work 40 hours a week to realize that I don't want to do it. I thought that having the same schedule as all of my friends would give me more time to see them, and in reality it doesn't really work that way. I have a  LOT less free time (I guess I do have a lot of free time sitting at a computer here, which affords me the opportunity to get some "chores" done, but it is really not the same). This means less time to do laundry, clean my apartment, walk around when it is nice out, spend time alone (this is probably the most significant and the biggest thing I miss. I really like spending a few hours in my apartment doing my "chores" by myself and listening to music without interruption), go running, go to yoga, read, shop, etc. Mostly, I'm realizing that it wasn't so bad before, but I needed to switch things up to figure that out. Don't get me wrong, though, I don't want to go back to the job I had before. Not because I don't miss it, because I do (I spent some quality time with ex-coworkers this weekend and it really made me miss them, but I still didn't miss the stress of working there). I just need a place that is going to give me the flexibility to be an actress too. I also do not want to work all day on the weekends anymore. Some more thought needs to go into this before I do anything like actually get a new job, but it's something to think about.
  2. In that vein, I got paid for my first full week of temp work on Saturday and it wasn't pretty. The goverment really does take out a buttload for taxes. Needless to say, I'm making pennies here.
  3. I have to move at the end of the month.
  4. I still have not booked an acting job.
  5. The temp agency just called here for me. They're putting pressure on me to take a full-time position here. My brain hurts. It seems so supremly stupid to turn down a job. Yet so supremly stupid to take a job that is this boring and un-rewarding. Someone wise once said that it is braver to be able to say no. Someone practical once said (in a yiddish, grandmotherly voice), "You need to eat!" Kate Moss once said, "No you don't". (Not really, I made that up).
  6. All of a sudden I have the worst allergies in the Northern Hemisphere. And last year I discovered that when I take Claritin this thing happens that makes me feel like my throat is closing up and I am dying. I am very uncomfortable.
  7. I have a hair appointment tomorrow. For highlights. Very excited. Also worried I might look cheap and terrible.
  8. Alumni Rugby Weekend starts Friday. Didn't play rugby, very excited to visit ye olde college and see all of the olde friends. Especially since we're all getting olde.
And just so you all feel sufficiently updated, I fufilled my need for a bender this weekend. And yes, it just made me feel a bit too much of Ye Olde Hangover.

Here's to getting through another Monday!

A

No comments: