Monday, May 10, 2010

Productivity! (and rotting my brain)

I've been a little bit down lately, attribute it to change, lack of exercise, laziness, instability, etc, etc, but whatever the cause was, I think I shook it. Thanks to an extra early wake-up call this morning (6:50 am!) I have been going since 7 am, and this never happens. I organized my things and then went for a nice four mile run. a) I haven't run more than 3 miles since the half marathon back in March, so this was an especially nice endorphin-builder and b) I've been pretty down on my new neighborhood (read: drinking goblets of wine and crying about not living in the East Village anymore. Literally), but I'm really digging the running accommodations up here. Hello, South Riverside Park, Boat Basin, and Central Park...you've made me a happy girl this morning. I showered, made myself a bowl of oatmeal and a nice big cup of coffee and planted myself down at the computer all by 9 am. I have a table and chairs in my living room now (hello, modern conveniences!)-and the living room has WINDOWS to the OUTSIDE, unlike my old apartment-so this was a lovely little morning of catching up on casting websites, emails, checking my checking account balance (okay, that was not lovely, that was scary, but we'll let it slide), and some nice blog reading.

I'm scared about my financial situation, though. I really am not making enough money each week, and this needs to be remedied. I'm not turning down another job until I can open a savings account. Seriously. And I'm working two shifts at my old restaurant job this weekend (actually excited about that). But yeah, if anyone out there needs a babysitter, someone to do their laundry for them, someone to organize/alphabetize their cds/dvds/books, or just someone to keep you company...hit me up. Cash only. Lies...I'll take anything. Change. Checks. MetroCards. That gum that they keep advertising as payment on TV.

Speaking of TV, I'm watching way too much lately. I used to pride myself on not really watching tv (which isn't really a point of pride as much as pretentious "haHA I like movies and books and TV is for poor people" bullshit), but now I would be lying through my teeth (and probably checking my DVR in the background) if I tried to tell you that. I watch: Gossip Girl (pretty sure I'm abandoning this one in the very near future, Lost, Glee (ugh...it's like the sun, I can't turn away), Parenthood, The Office, 30 Rock, Community (if there was a way for me to convey just how much I love this show right now it would be happening right now...BALKHLG::JSDFJDLSJJOELMCHALE), Family Guy, and occasionally SNL, South Park, Parks and Recreation, and all Fresh Prince/Friends/Seinfeld reruns. With that amount of television a week I don't need a job. And people just keep telling me about new shows and old shows that I should watch. At least I'm starting to take advantage of my $114 cable bill.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go audition for a play that I was supposed to read already. Red leather, yellow leather, red leather, yellow leather. (no amount of vocal exercises is going to make up for the fact that I didn't even read the play...oh well, here's hoping!)
A

1 comment:

Ali said...

Hope you rocked your audition!

And I watch a lotta TV too. Kendra (seriously), Secret Life of the American Teenager (seriously), Glee (obviously), Law and Order: SVU, Vampire Diaries (seriously), FlashForward (obsessed), yadda yadda yadda.

Fab. Juuuust fab.