Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I have a COUCH! (and other victories)

Words cannot express how good it feels to be sitting on a couch in my living room. After living here for just about a month it was long overdue. So I'm very happy. I'm still broke, but I'm happy.

The show last night went amazingly well! I want to thank Lauren for her super encouraging comment. I surprised myself with how much I diverged from what I had planned, and how confident I felt onstage. We'll take that as a super victory! I'm going to try and do more shows...and am very excited about it

I also figured out how to use the camera that I ordered. It's a film camera and I just shot my first roll of black and white film and am looking forward to seeing if the shots are any good. This was a big thing on my to do list of things I've always wanted to do...and now I've started to do it. So I'm on a roll here and pretty damn proud of myself.

A friend of mine gchatted me today to say the following, "I think I'm going to get a therapist...I mean, I have insurance, and I live in NY." At least some Woody Allen stereotypes never die. This city really does make you crazy though. Since I've been typing this I've burnt a whole pot of rice and shellacked beans to the bottom of a pan. Not that you need a therapist because you ignore the smell of burning from your kitchen...but you know. Now my food tastes like charred South American fare, which is bad, real bad, but I swore I wouldn't spend any money today so charred beans, burnt rice and undercooked asparagus it is. I really do pity the fool who hangs out with me later tonight...

I went for a run along the river today, it was more of a "run, stop because you think you're going to pass out, run, water, run, breathe, find shade, run, tan on a pier" than a run, but whatever. Anyhoot, I saw a guy in a wet suit jump into the hudson and swim, thought it was DISGUSTING, and then was appalled when he came over to "talk" (read: hit on) me still wet from the river. Yeah, sure, dude, I'd love to call you, someday we could swim in garbage and dead bodies together. Yuck. I mean, I'm no Snow White, but you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a gross dinner that makes no sense "culinarily" to get back to...adios.
A

2 comments:

lalalalauren said...

:D Glad to hear the show went so well!

And, congrats on becoming the owner of a couch.

Adria said...

Thanks! Glad to hear your show went well too lauren!