Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Is someone secretly praying for me?

So, I wrote this yesterday on my phone while I was at work being a random background Mom on Law & Order Criminal Intent and thought it was erased...but here it is:

Things have been so good today that I don't even know if I should share...
Okay fine.
Yesterday's audition was a blast. Turns out the script is awesome and they gave me a callback for this morning. Excellent? Yes. Until I got a call from Law + Order Criminal Intent to work today. I swore I wouldn't turn down any work this week (remember?) so I took the job, at the expense of the play callback. Well, turns out the call for L+O was 1130, so I went to the callback early, hoping to be seen before my designated time. Once again, luck on my side, I got in with the director at 1030. Annnnd got cast. Its not exactly broadway, but the rehearsal schedule is simple, the monologue I'm doing in the show-perfect, and the space is a 12 minute walk from my new apartment.
That's enough good luck for one morning, right? Nope. I went to grab a coffee on my way downtown and ran into an indie producer I know. He tells me that he sent the casting director of his new film my headshot and resume. THANKS!
Good enough now, right? Not yet. I get an email around 12:30 asking me to be involved in a reading of a new play next week.

That's all I had written when I thought it had deleted itself. Not bad for a Tuesday, huh?

Oh, but after I got home last night I went to go see The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which had to have been one of the most disturbing movies I've seen in a looong time. It was great, but it's hard to say something is great when you're watching violent woman-beating and sick, forced s&m rape. My review of the movie is as follows: Don't go with anyone you want to have sex with. Don't go if you've recently eaten a big meal and may be prone to indigestion. Have time and money for a strong drink afterwards. Have time to watch cartoons afterwards. Or mindless fluff, like Glee.

It's gross out and I have to go babysit. Happy Humpday suckaaaas!

A

1 comment:

Ali said...

Daaaaayum girl! Revel in it. :)