Monday, August 23, 2010

Revenge of the...

What's going on with Robyn? I know I'm a few weeks (months? years?) late on this discovery, but she came out with a dance album? I'm not going to lie, I downloaded some of it to hear it. It's awful. I had to download "Do You Know What It Takes" just to reaffirm my faith in the Robyn of yore (read: my childhood). So yeah, thats what I'm doing right now, listening to 90s Robyn albums and trying to get myself to stand up and make this couscous that goes along with the fish I have marinating in the fridge. I know, I'm so fancy. I figure, if someone gives you a cookbook, you should probably at least try and make the recipes in it. This may be the most exactly I've ever followed a recipe from a book, so we'll see how it turns out.

Also, Mel B has a tv show. I mean, at this point, why do I care? I know that pop stars of years past have always tried to reinvent themselves to be current and extend their careers, but I just can't get myself to give a hootenanny.

So I guess this post's title should read "Revenge of the Pop Stars".

Since we're on the topic of music, and I seem to be downloading hundreds of songs a day lately, I'm going to just share an observation I had the other day upon listening to the Zooey Deschanel cover of  The Smiths, "Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" from 500 Days of Summer. First of all, I love The Smiths. I mean, really love. Second of all, I hate that I like Zooey Deschanel. It's so cliche, I mean why wouldn't I like her, she's an offbeat brunette with good bangs and pretty stellar style (except when her pants clasp dangerously close to her boobs; high-waisted and breast-squishing are NOT the same thing), but man do I hate that I want to watch her in anything, even those damn cotton commercials. And then I started listening to She & Him and I hated liking her even more. But I do. And I like her cover of The Smiths, mostly because she gets away with it and if I was as skinny offbeat able to sing as she is I'd probably try and do the same thing. Gross.

Sea Bass calling...
A
PS: I tried to upload a picture of ZD, but it wouldn't upload, and then realized that I'm pretty sure I've already put her picture on this blog. Which sucks even more. I need to change the song on my itunes now. sigh.

No comments: