Monday, August 16, 2010

100

So this is my 100th post...and it leaves me wondering what this blog is for. At first it was a way for me to document my "freelance" lifestyle after I quit my job, but now that I'm moving from New York to Los Angeles I've noticed that what started as a glimpse into my stressful life, through rose colored, comedic glasses, has become a lot less light-hearted and a lot more ridden with diary-esque rants and frustrations. I'm not sure that I like that.

Basically, with my 100th post I want your input, readers (yes, all of you, even you who don't comment because you email me all day long from work and we're "real life friends"). What kind of posts would you rather read? Do you like my rambles and rants about everyday life? My fiction stories? My depressed rants about abusing my teddy bear? My photo tours of life? When I use outdated song lyrics to represent my mood? What do YOU want?

It's 1:23 am and I have to get up at 5 am for work, so I can't believe I'm even writing this now but I just got home from Boston and needed to unwind for a few minutes before falling asleep. I'm going to leave you with lyrics from three songs that I can't stop listening to these days, if you read them in succession they completely represent my state of mind:


I know you've supported me for a long time
Somehow I'm not impressed
It is up to me now, turn on the bright lights 
-NYC, Interpol

New York, you're safer
And you're wasting my time
-LCD Soundsystem, New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down

Oh great calamity,
Ditch of iniquity and tears
How I abhor this place
Its sweet and bitter taste
Has left me wretched, retching on all fours
Los Angeles, I’m yours

-The Decemberists, Los Angeles I'm Yours


A



3 comments:

Randall Nichols said...

Congratulations on the big 100.

I'm kind of in to still hearing about your stressful life, no matter what color your glasses are. Your mood is a reflection of your life, and what you're feeling, and that all of this seems tied into your mood is really interesting and has made for a good read.

But I'm new here. I don't remember the comedic days. I like what I've seen though.

Anna said...

Either/or! Everything! Write what you feel in the moment, and I'll read it.

I swear to god, if I have to move across the country one more damn time.....

I feel your pain.

Roxy said...

I love blogs that have a little bit of everything. That way, it never gets boring.