Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some Reverb10

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

Proof that everything is going to be alright. Proof. Where's the proof?

Honestly, I don't have proof that everything is going to be okay. I moved to LA, left behind my whole family, all of my closest and oldest friends [with the exception of a very special few who I came to by coming to LA], rear-ended a Vietnamese man whose girlfriend's neck is fragile (whiny bitch), nearly broke my foot, ran out of money, and signed a lease on an apartment right before the roof started leaking.

I'd like to think that all of that uncertainty leads me to this point: I trust myself and my decisions. All of those bad things happened but I'm okay. Those problems are all being solved (or solved as best they can) and the proof that everything is going to be alright is that everything is alright right now. Sure, I cried for several hours almost every day for awhile, but I'm not anymore. And, best of all, while I'm happy to be home right now (this blizzard is really beautiful), I'm not too worried about being upset when I leave. My life in LA is shaping up to be quite nice and I'm actually excited to go back. A few days of snow is going to be enough for me to get my kicks and then I'll be glad to go back to driving with my sunroof open and my arm out the window. Everything will be okay because it has to and I won't settle for anything else. So there.

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

This is not easy but I think I've got something.
This is a photo taken from my going away party back in October. I don't know who took it because several people had the camera throughout the night but I know that I was genuinely happy, genuinely laughing and that's who I strive to be. There are hundreds of photos of me laughing like this, but most of them are slightly more forced, which is why I like this one.


December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth and touched your soul?
Well...touched my soul, huh? I ate a lobster that came pretty damn close to shiatsu-massaging my soul back in June. They pulled that bad boy right out of the ocean, put it in the pot, boiled the shit out of it and then plopped it into a paper container and handed it to me whole. I could've eaten ten of them...but I didn't. Oh man, that lobster was great.

Also, speaking of things that were great. I ate my weight in Ricotta cheese last night with the splendid display of Christmas Stuffed Shells my aunt made. And then I couldn't say no to her homemade Red Velvet cake or impressive display of homemade cookies. Needless to say, I woke up at 8:30 this morning to take a spinning class at the gym. Then I decided against it and went back to sleep for another three hours. When I finally did make it to the gym I didn't realize that I'd have to drive home in a snowpocalypse. Follow me on Twitter if you wanna see the snowy pictures. As for now, I've got a long Instant Queue on Netflix that could use some gentle stroking.

A

No comments: