Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friends...or other 90s sitcoms

December 16 – Friendship: How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

I could write about any number of the unbelieveable, loyal, fabulous, gorgeous, hilarious, smart, successful (okay, not yet but almost...) friends that I have, but all I'm going to say is, some are silver and the other gold, make new friends and keep the old.
That's not actually all that I'm going to say, because I've had a big glass of wine and I'm never one for succinct-ness. One of my favorite people of all time returned to me this year. We spent four years of college together and then she moved to the middle of nowhere for two years and then, in June, she moved to New York and it was glorious. I'd forgotten just why I love her so much and why her friendship held the immense value that it does in my life. Of course, now she's in New York and I'm in LA, but knowing that after two years apart (with only a few short visits) we could still retain our closeness (and even build upon it) was really satisfying. I know that she'll always be one of my best friends and that's a really nice thing to realize.

As for the rest of you...shut up and don't complain that I just talked about her. I'll get to you once I've been away longer, right now it's just a nice break. (Totally kidding, I really miss my friends).

Oh, one more thing before I hit the hot tub (haha, California is hilarious), I realized that you can be friends with your parents. My dad and I are still working on this, but I think my Mom and I are pretty close to the "friend" point. She'll still reprimand me for almost anything, though.

I promise a real post soon. Apartment hunting has stolen my soul. I THINK we've figured it out though, so...time for all of the wine.

A

No comments: