Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eleven. Or Nine?

December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

Ooooh, I like this question. I like it because it's a list question, and I love lists. Eleven things my life doesn't need:

1) Doubt. This is not something that is easily eliminated, but I have to stop doubting myself. I need to be positive all of the time about my career, especially.

2) Melodrama. No one's life needs melodrama, unless you're on a soap opera (and if I get that chance, I'd happily accept). My life has been relatively drama-free, especially in comparison to the past, this year, but that doesn't mean that I don't allow myself to get all Joan Crawford occasionally, and that's what has to stop.

3) Poverty. No, I haven't been living on Ramen noodles and leftover toe cheese in 2010, but I could use a steadier cash flow in 2011. I don't need no mo' poverty.

4) A MetroCard. I'll be in New York until January 4th, so technically I will need a MetroCard for four days in 2011, but I think I have a few old ones. So I guess I don't really need one. Weird.

5) Injury. I'm probably one of the top ten most accident prone humans on the face of the earth. Do you disagree? I'm always bruised, bleeding, or swollen somewhere. I don't need anymore of this. No mas! Do you hear me? NO MAS!

6) Laziness. As soon as I stop being injured I'm going to get my ass in shape. Like crazy exercise shape. And I'm going to be insanely proactive towards the career I want. I'm sick of putting things off, they need to be done now. No more being lazy.

7) Debt. It's not as if I owe a lot of money. But I do owe some, and I want it gone.

8) Comfort. I know this seems like a backwards thing to say, but sometimes being comfortable isn't good for growth, and I've already established that growth is good. I need to feel out of my comfort zone in 2011 so that I can benefit from new experiences.

9) The DMV. I've had enough of the DMV. In 2011 I don't need to go at all and I'm not going to. So take that, the man!

I can't think of two more things, and I think that's okay. I don't think that that's being lazy, I think it's fortunate. Eleven is a lot of things to get rid of and I don't like letting go of things unless it's absolutely necessary, so I'm stopping at nine. I will say this though, my life doesn't need any more loss or sickness. WAIT! That's two more!

10) Loss. My Grandmother passed away in May, I wrote about it here, but she was very old and had had a full, fortunate life. Unfortunately, in the past six years she had watched her eldest two children (my aunt and uncle) lose battles with cancer and that's just not fair for anyone to have to do. A girl that I grew up with but hadn't seen in years recently passed away as well and 2011 is just not going to be like this. 2011 is for growing and living, not for loss and dying. I said it, so it shall be

11) Sickness. I don't want any news of cancer, illness, or chronic anything in 2011. Like I said in point 10, living, not dying in 2011.

Phew, that was a tough one. Be back tomorrow with another!

A

No comments: