But this isn't all tears and daily numbers. I got a blog award while I was away!
Here's the "rules"
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven things about you
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs
4. Let your nominees know about the award!
So here we go! LAUREN over at Lauren vs. Reality is just...gosh, I don't know what to say. She's my new favorite ginger, that's fer dern sure. No, really, we have a little blogosphere connection going on and I dig it. So thanks, Lauren!
Seven things about me, huh? Okay.
- I spent pretty much my entire childhood at gymnastics. I was obsessed with going to the olympics, but at the ripe old age of 12 I realized that I was already too old and would never be good enough in time, hung up the leotard and kept the duffel bag around to use on vacations and weekend trips well into June, 2010.
- I want to write a book but have no idea how to formulate a story like that (I have about 12 documents in files on my computer titled "Novel?" "Book...", etc.)
- I used to be obsessed with the idea of living in Kentucky. Undoubtedly this is because I read "Walk Two Moons" and the girl goes to some town in Kentucky and does something that I liked, like run around shoeless, probably. I grew up in New Jersey and would go in my backyard and pretend it was Kentucky. Pathetic? Yup.
- Everyone who's tasted my guacamole understands that there is no better. No, that's not an innuendo, you pervert.
- 90% of my close friends and family live in a two hour radius of my apartment. It's making it very difficult to decide to run away across the country.
- The first concert I ever went to was Hanson, at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC, September 11, 2000. The day I got my braces off.
- "Work hard and you will become more wealthy" was the fortune I just got in my cookie. Guess I need to work to gain money. Thanks fortune cookie-o-duh!'
Fifteen new blogs, huh? I'm gonna just list a few that I really am feeling right now, because I feel like quality over quantity. So here goes:
- Ali at The Way I See It, because not only does she fit the "versatile blogger" status big time, but she's a real life friend, albeit a long-distance one.
- Annabelle at I'll Tell You Anyway
- Sarah at SMKM who has just about the best photo blog. Ever.
- Britney at The Why, because moving to NY and a "musical journey" are enough to win me over.
- Erin at I'm Staying Young Forever
And now that I've had a nice significant fight with my mom about moving across the country and have enough acid in my stomach from both chinese food and anxiety, I'm gonna go hibernate next to the fan and air conditioner and start crying now.