Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goals

Okay, so if yesterday was a low point, today I'm climbing out of the hole. I'm done being Debbie Downer, even if she is the epitome of alliterative naming devices. I have a sincere list of reachable goals that I'm going to italicize for you. Just kidding, I'm sorry about the over italicization lately, I just feel like certain words really need to be stressed for my point to come across. Sorry, the last thing there was just blatant twelve-year-old-boy humor. So here you have it, a list of goals, complete with photos so that you can skim if need be:

  1. Start writing every day. Not just this blog, but stories, poems, plays, scenes, letters, whatever. Every day. And then start submitting them to literary journals, etc. Because why the heck not. As it is I'm sitting around for hours every day wishing that I had a job, so what better way to fill my time than to write and try and get published. 
  2. I'm going to lose 10 pounds by my cousin's wedding. (I almost just wrote cousins'...but this isn't West Virginia, despite the differences that apply to this particular case. More on that later. Maybe) It's not because I have some dress or something that I'm trying to fit into or that I really want to look fabulous for this wedding, because I don't. Not that I don't care, but there's nothing about it that makes it an event to look utterly spectacular for, after all its not my wedding. But, the plan is to go to LA right after the wedding and I figure if there's any time to look my best, it's now. Let me just put this out there, though: I am good with my body. We are friends right now, I feel great, my clothes fit and I'm in good shape, BUT I just know that I have another ten pounds that isn't really hollywood friendly and is lose-able in a healthy way. So there. Side note: I just did a Tae Bo dvd and I swear on Billy Blanks' life I have NEVER sweat that much. Ever. Yay. (Oh, and that's Shellie, her body is sick and makes me want to to speedbacks until my arms fall off)
  3. I'm going to make and save money. This is vague because I don't exactly have a plan for this, but I am determined to do so. So that's that.
  4. Et francais. Umm yeah, I've been talking about being able to speak french for years and I've always sucked at actually doing this. I'm gonna do it. This is a picture of me in France. Where I sort of spoke french to people.
I wrote something funny here but the storm that hit earlier this afternoon cut out my internet and it didn't save. So you'll just have to know that I'm funnier and wittier than you or I can even imagine. Cheers.
A

No comments: