Get it? I'm so broke its painful. All I wanted to do was work one day this week before going away and no one will hire me. I've put myself out there in every capacity and there's just nothing for me to do. So I thought I'd give a little Adria's State of the Union address to catch up on what's been accomplished since I started this blog.
- I successful quit my restaurant job, burning no bridges and having very few regrets.
- Since leaving I've become better friends with some of the other waitresses
- They let me come back and work a couple of shifts here and there
- I have a lifetime discount/can get a free salad if I come in alone anytime.
- I ran the half-marathon in 2 hours and 7 minutes and I can still run
- I haven't run more than 4 miles since I completed the race.
- I have been involved in two unpaid theatre productions
- Not a single agent or manager has come to see said productions
- I made a slew of hopefully helpful contacts through these theatres
- I finally did stand-up, I didn't suck at it, and I'm doing it again twice in July!
- I've taken vacations. Real vacations! I went to Portsmouth, NH (where I ate the best lobster roll ever-->)
- Rockport, MA-->
- And I'm going to Atlanta/Florida!
- I have managed to scrape by on making less money by things like:
- Getting my security deposit back on my old apartment
- Getting a part in The Smurfs
- Oh, I'm kidding, get over yourselves.
- I nagged my way into getting a line in a movie.
- I did not whore myself into it.
- I'd like to think I did a good job.
- The director was incredibly nice to me.
- Who cares, they paid me.
- I had fun, too.
- I just spelled paid wrong 3 times (payd, payed, paiyd)...I'm a moron.
- I got:
- A raincoat
- An umbrella
- Rain boots
- Inducted in the "I might be an adult now" hall of fame
- We finished "Seeking", the play
- AND had a reading!
- I moved to midtown, and I don't like it. And that's okay. Because I love my apartment, I love my roommate and I don't hate the neighborhood.
- I'm "moving" to LA...in August.
So yeah, that's where we are right now, folks. That and I saw myself in the trailer for The Sorcerer's Apprentice last night before Toy Story 3...it's kind of lame, but it's definitely the first trailer I've been in. And it was a Principal role, so what if we didn't talk! Here's the screen shot:
I'm in the cardigan with the glasses on behind the gorgeous blonde, and R is to my left, your right...behind the gorgeous blonde. Sigh.
Okay, off to bed in hopes of not staying up until 3:30 am tonight and starting my new book, Just Kids by Patti Smith.
PS: I just watched Being John Malkovich for the first time (I know, 11 years late, I know. I know) and umm, wow. Charlie Kaufman–just too good.