Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to 2011

I had this whole crazy idea that I'd be able to give you a fabulous blog post yesterday, when in reality all that I was able to do yesterday was continue to drink. It's not my fault that the holidays in New York seem to just equal social, obligatory drinking. Is it my fault that I fall for that trick time and time again? Yeah, sure. But was it fun? Yes. Am I ready to start my new year now? Yes. 2011 officially starts tomorrow morning and I'm ready for it.

I spent New Year's Eve pretty wonderfully, actually. Woke up feeling pretty groggy and unenthusiastic, but then took a trip to the Russian and Turkish Baths in the East Village and spent some time detoxing and sweating before eating some sushi and going back uptown to get all dressed up for the Prohibition-themed party. New Year's Eve is always stressful. Always. And I was determined to not let it get to that point this year. So I didn't. The party we went to was really fun, really simple, and I had no ridiculous expectations for greatness. I ate grape leaves, cookies, and rum punch and we played Apples to Apples and I was happy. I popped a bottle of Prosecco at midnight and just generally had fun. AND best of all, I didn't spill on my borrowed, white dress!

Happy 2011, all!


A

4 comments:

TbR said...

Happy 2011 back at you.

I wish my New Year's Eve was as sophisticated as your's. Alas, no. Still, it was fun and it was drunken, so it did the trick.

I hope 2011 is a great one for you.

T

Allison said...

Apples to Apples is my new favourite game!

Happy New Year!

Randall Nichols said...

Happy New Years, Adria.

Adria said...

Thanks guys!