Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Early bird...?

This week is starting to feel a bit like a marathon. Which is fitting because I'm finishing off the week by waking up at 5:45 am Sunday morning, and running 13.1 miles. Well, officially the NYRR Half Marathon starts at 7:30 am...but since I'm not running it with a friend (ANYMORE) I'm going to have to get up at 5:45 to eat a properly carbo-loaded breakfast (seriously, what am I supposed to eat?) and make my way to Central Park. Alone. I'm petrified. I'm spending the week trying to get up earlier and earlier in preparation, but since I normally go to sleep between 1:45 am and 4:30 am, this is difficult. Last night a pipe decided to go all Old Faithful on me in the bathroom and "early to bed" was delayed by about 45 minutes of towel wrapping and contemplating calling that emergency maintenance number.

Anywhoooooo, this week is jam-packed with exciting, new life activities. My first play rehearsal was Monday night, and it proved to me that I'm not exactly theatre royalty (it took me three tries to spell royalty...mornings are rough). Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful beyond belief for that part, but it's not much of a part. Also, I struggle with the eternal question: Do I hate most theatre actors? The people that I was working with were really nice, and smart, and good at what they were doing, and I liked them, but I definitely walk into every new theatrical experience with a whole lotta judging going on inside. Guilty.

Today I have a meeting with a babysitting agency and a paid seminar/interview with an agent through Actors Connection. Tomorrow I have an audition in, forgive my french, bum-fuck Brooklyn for a film. An audition I found on Craigslist. If I end up in a dumpster somewhere with my legs tied behind my head, you will all know why. Side note: I should've bought an unlimited MetroCard this month.

Now, off for that run I got up so early for...(motivation: large iced coffee at "finish line"<---read: cafe on Ave B)

No comments: